Homemade truffles can be a thoughtful gift, while they are very easy to prepare.
Cocoa is an ingredient rich in antioxidants and has several health beneficial properties. Studies have shown that a diet rich in antioxidants can help prevent the decline of cognitive function, reduce the risk of heart disease and even lower cholesterol.
Homemade chocolate truffles — it sounds complicated, but really easy to prepare, and you need only a few ingredients. Having mastered the basic recipe you can adapt to any style or taste.
Vegan chocolate truffles: the Traditional taste
This recipe for vegan chocolate truffles instead of the milk chocolate used cashews. Ground cashews allow you to obtain a nice creamy texture and creamy taste. This traditional chocolate taste will please both children and adults, and cooking will take very little time. In addition, these vegan chocolate truffles are low in calories. Each bulb contains less than 20 calories per serving.
- 3/4 Cup raw organic cashews
- 3/4 Cup cold water
- 1/3 Cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 lb (400g.) bitter organic super dark chocolate
- Additional (optional) ingredient: 1 tsp raw coconut oil extra-virgin.
The basis recipe truffles with dark chocolate and lime
These truffles is an interesting variation of the classic truffles dark chocolate with a filling of white chocolate. They are like expensive chocolates, made in the factory, but for a short time to cook at home.
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- the zest of two limes
- 14 oz. (400 g) white tile baking chocolate, broken into large chunks
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 18 oz. (500 g) organic super dark chocolate
Chocolate truffles with peanut butter
In this recipe the stuffing is not heated, so can be involved in the preparation of children and stay with them a memorable time, clinging balls. Quantities in recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. In addition, these chocolate truffles with peanut butter several months stored in the freezer, so this is an excellent dessert for those who like to plan treats in advance.
- 2 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter uniform
- 3/4 Cup crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (optional)
- 8 oz (255 g) organic super dark chocolate
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
This article was written by staff writer iHerb.