nutrition, lifestyle, editor’s choice
Share in WhatsApp
Down with beriberi: 10 products to help
- Chicken eggs
- Sweet pepper
- Marine fish
- Vegetable milk
With the arrival of winter we may face the phenomenon of beriberi. This is facilitated by many factors, but the most common are lack of sunlight, reducing stay in the fresh air, and a reduced intake of fresh vegetables, fruits and berries. MedAboutMe built the list of products in the autumn-winter period will help to remedy the lack of vitamins in the body.
The fruit of this exotic fruit, in addition to beneficial fatty acids contain is truly a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. Potassium in them than in the dried apricots and bananas are easily digestible magnesium, and thanks to the combination of iron and copper avocado becomes an indispensable product to improve the blood.
Vitamin composition of the fruit is also impressive, it includes: vitamins A, C, D, PP and b vitamins Particularly high in avocado, the vitamin E content making it a natural antioxidant that protects the body from premature aging.
Avocado deservedly got into the Guinness Book of world records, where was called the most nutritious fruit.
All types of cabbage are extremely beneficial to health. The simplest and most common of them — cabbage is prized for its ability to preserve vitamins for a long time.
In cabbage ascorbic acid, even more than in lemons, making it mandatory for inclusion in the menu of vitamin C. in addition, due to the essential acid called methionine, sometimes loosely referred to as “vitamin U”, it has antiulcer effect and is indicated in ulcerative diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
Other types of cabbage, for example, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and Savoy, are also a source of useful vitamins and minerals. And they have a lot of fiber, necessary for proper and smooth operation of the intestine, which thus affects him not as aggressive as dietary fiber cabbage.
This fruit is a storehouse of a huge number of vital elements. The kiwifruit is rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, magnesium, and potassium, and b vitamins and ascorbic acid. It is believed that due to such structure, this fruit help burn fat, reduce the risk of developing cancer and cardiovascular diseases, and in addition are an excellent immunostimulant.
By the way!
The advantage of kiwi in the fact that its nutrients are not destroyed during the canning process. This contributes to the high acidity of the fruit.
They contain over 10 essential vitamins, among which stand out the vitamins A, C, E, b and rare vitamin D. If we talk about the minerals here are found almost all the chemical elements from the periodic table.
By the way!
In the chicken eggs a lot of iron, but is absorbed of them, it is not very good, so for the enrichment of the body this element is better to choose other products, such as grenades, liver or meat.
The inclusion of this product in the power menu strengthen the immune system, improve mental performance, beneficial for nervous and digestive systems, as well as ensure full-fledged work of the heart and the thyroid gland.
All fruits of the citrus family is truly the most valuable sources of ascorbic acid and vitamin C, and the volatile and essential oils can positively affect mood and increase the vitality of the body. All this makes them indispensable, not only in combat beriberi, but also colds.
If oranges, tangerines and grapefruit can be a great snack between meals, lemon is best added to water and then drink this drink during the day. In return you will receive a thank you response from both the immune system and the skin, which becomes firmer, will acquire a fresh and youthful appearance.
The main value of this bright vegetable known as sweet pepper, is the presence of large amounts of ascorbic acid, the content of which he is even ahead of such recognized leaders as lemon and blackcurrant. Are present in it and other vitamins: P, beta-carotene, group b, as well as lots of valuable minerals: sodium, potassium, iodine, iron, magnesium, zinc, manganese and phosphorus.
Beta-carotene, which is rich in peppers, is a powerful antioxidant and natural immune, so the inclusion of this vegetable in the autumn-winter menu of food will increase the body’s defenses.
Grain legumes this product have high iron content, magnesium, potassium, calcium and folic acid. In addition, they include manganese, copper, molybdenum, cobalt, vitamins A, PP and group B.
All this contributes to the maintenance of normal heart activity, positively affects the health of the nervous system. Among other things, the use of this product improves the overall tone of the body, as well as resistance to colds.
The absorption of iron necessary to combine the cooked lentils with fresh tomatoes.
Salmon, trout, cod, tuna and herring are a great source of vitamin B12. It is involved in energy metabolism in the body, helping it in the right amount to absorb proteins, fats and carbohydrates. He plays an important role in the nervous system, so anxiety, depression, unexplained fatigue, problems with concentration and memory are only part of the signs which indicate its deficiency in the body.
Other sources of vitamin B12, shrimp, beef liver and tongue, poultry, eggs, milk (soy, almond, coconut), seaweed, tofu.
To meet the daily needs of the organism in carotene, enough to eat 150-200 g of this orange vegetable.
The content of this vitamin carrots are second only to sweet peppers, and sea buckthorn. The absorption of carotene contribute to fats, so carrot salad should fill with vegetable oil or sour cream.
In addition, the composition of root includes vitamins C, E, D, b group and various mineral micro – and macronutrients. All this makes carrots an excellent preventative measure in the fight against vitamin deficiency and colds.
The use of cooking various legumes, seeds, nuts and cereals. So vegetable milk is coconut, soy, rice, oat, almond etc.
This drink you can buy in the store, and some of them, for example, oat or almond milk, it is possible to cook at home. First, in the absence of saturated fat, contains a lot of dietary fiber and b vitamins, and the second is rich in vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant and fighter against inflammatory processes in the body.
By the way!
Manufacturers additionally enriched with vegetable milk with calcium and vitamins (A, D, B12), among the disadvantages can be regarded as the presence of preservatives and sugar, which increases the shelf life of the drink.
Review expertTatiana Butskaya, pediatrician, instablogs, the organizer of the projects “Pregnant women gatherings”, “Marathon maternity”, “parental Choice”, author of “the Pregnancy. Short length in 9 months” and “Eat for two. All about nutrition for pregnant”
Beriberi: it manifests itself
Vitamins are vital! Water-soluble vitamins (e.g., b, C, K, N, PP) are part of enzymes and their fat-soluble counterparts (A, D, E) are needed to produce hormones.
Almost vitamins are not synthesized in the human body (or are formed in small amounts), so their main source of obtaining food. If it is poorly absorbed or defective person eats, there may be a deficiency disease — a pathological condition caused by a lack of essential vitamins (one or more).
Let me remind you a textbook example of deficiency of vitamin C (ascorbic acid). Sailors going on a long voyage (longer 4-12 weeks), often become a victim of acute beriberi. As a result of lack of vitamin C they develop scurvy — a disease which is accompanied by a rash, bleeding and loss of teeth.
Another eloquent example of beriberi — disease “beriberi”. It arises, if from the diet disappears vitamin B1. In the past this disease was most commonly seen in South and East Asia where the staple food was polished rice (he was deprived of the shell, and with it the b vitamins). The lack of this important compound led to the defeat of the nervous system, which ayalas problems in the heart, edema, headache, and even paralysis.
Beriberi today: is it possible?
Is it possible to earn beriberi in our time, living in a civilized country with a crowded food shops? Yes!
- From vitamin deficiency affects people with a diagnosis of “anorexia”. Most often it is girls who is chasing the model standards, and which failed to stop in time.
- A vitamin deficiency can encounter people with malabsorption of vitamins in the gastrointestinal tract. This is possible, for example, in acute and chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as after the surgical removal of part of the intestine.
- Vitamin deficiency can make itself felt in increased loss of vitamins with your urine and stool for liver and kidney and frequent use of diuretics.
- The lack of vitamins can cause treatment with drugs that are their antagonists. This happens in cancer treatment.
You can continue long enough. But agree that the above points relate to sick people, and there are cases when vitamin deficiency becomes a problem completely healthy people. Now I’m talking about hypovitaminosis. Unlike beriberi they suggest is not complete, but a partial lack of the vitamin in the diet. In some cases, it develops in healthy people?
- Hypovitaminosis B1 is caused to lovers of refined carbohydrates (all kinds of sweets) and fans of sushi (raw fish contains a substance that destroys vitamin B1).
- A deficiency of Niacin (vitamin PP) is formed during protein starvation.
- A deficiency of vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is formed with long-term veganism, involving the failure not only of meat, fish and eggs and milk. In plant foods vitamin B12 are almost there, hence the deficiencies. Moms I never tire of repeating how important animal products during pregnancy. If a woman bears a child with hypovitaminosis B12, it has a risk to earn beriberi and anaemia. This is due to the fact that in the first trimester of pregnancy needs cobalamin grow significantly.
- Vitamin D deficiencies are familiar to residents of many Northern countries. Urgent issue for Russia. In children deficiency causes rickets, in adults — a disease characterized by decreased bone strength.
How to combat vitamin deficiency?
In the case of beriberi it is necessary to eliminate the cause and correct nutrition. If vitamin deficiency is solely triggered by poor diet, to cope with it will not be easy. You can include in your diet vitamin-mineral complexes and make the food the focus on “product-record” containing the maximum number of necessary connections for you.
- Vitamin A. “Lean” chicken and beef liver, and canned “cod Liver”. Include in the diet of red-orange vegetables and fruits: carrots, peppers, apricots, pumpkin, but don’t overdo it. The excess they contained b-carotene can lead to pseudoculture.
- Vitamin B1. In large quantities is concentrated in the pork tenderloin, bacon, peas, yeast.
- Vitamin B2. Its rich sources are liver, kidneys, yeast, almonds.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid). Main suppliers of this compound, pork and beef offal (liver, kidneys).
- Vitamin B6. Eat beans, soy, grains, liver and kidneys. In these foods vitamin B6 is especially busy.
- Vitamin B9. As providers first of all consider yeast, beef and pork liver and soy.
- The Vitamin B12. With the deficit almost instantly due to the very high content of compounds will help to handle beef and pork liver, and mackerel, sardines, fat herring.
- Vitamin H (Biotin). And here not to do without animal products. Eat pork and beef kidney, and pork liver. If you stick to vegetable food, in the diet include soybean, peanut, oatmeal.
- The vitamin p. Look for it in chokeberry, black currants, rose hips, cranberries.
- Vitamin PP (Niacin). Predominantly in peanuts, yeast, liver, sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin C sources are fresh vegetables, fruits and berries. Champions in its content are considered citrus fruits, rose hips, bell pepper, black currants, sea buckthorn.
- Vitamin D. Its a lot of fish: salmon, mackerel, tuna, caviar.
- Vitamin E. the Highest concentration of this antioxidant was recorded in soybean, corn and sunflower oils.
- Vitamin K. Its a lot of cauliflower and Brussel sprouts, lettuce, zucchini, butter, cheese.
All these products contain the maximum amount of of certain vitamins. However, consuming them, it is important to understand that vitamin a “champion” can influence the conditions of storage and culinary processing. For example, vitamin C can not tolerate long-term storage and high temperatures. Vitamins B1 and B6 die quickly in stewed dishes and are better preserved in roasted.
Also of importance, and how you use the product. Fat-soluble vitamins (e.g., vitamin A), for example, require a neighbourhood with fats (cream, butter).
And last all, without exception, the vitamins don’t like soaking. If you practice it, be prepared that the product will noticeably lose in vitamin composition.
Review expertMargo Fox, life coach and business coach, a permanent member of the Euro-Asian Symposium on the theme “anti-aging changes in women”
A healthy body, beauty and even our life is what we eat. It is important to understand that lack of vitamins and minerals can lead to serious diseases. And in autumn and winter the immune system is especially susceptible to viral exposure. That is why many medical specialists recommend the daily add to your diet more vegetables and fruits rich in vitamins. Here is a list of major products that you should try to eat every day:
- A (beet, fennel, sorrel, carrots)
- In (mint, tomatoes, cabbage)
- (Fennel, radish, lemon, chili)
- D (mushrooms, cabbage, parsley)
- E (avocados, spinach, peas)
Let us examine the secrets of youth and health of the great women from around the world. For example, everyone knows the goddess Aphrodite according to legend emerged from the sea foam. And the beauty of it was not equal. Many believe that sea water and salt, including more than 13 major micro – and macro-elements, contributed to the beauty of the goddess. Modern scientists have proved that sea salt is rich in: calcium, molybdenum, magnesium, chlorine, selenium, bromine, iodine, copper, iron, cobalt, manganese, silicon and silver.
I recommend for daily use to replace the usual sea salt. The constant use of this salt not only promotes the strengthening of immunity, but also regulates water and salt balance in the body, is the prevention of beriberi. Begin to use the secret of Aphrodite, and the body will tell you: “Thank you!”
Try to enrich your daily diet with essential vitamins and minerals that can be found in common food items, and you will forget about bad mood and a ton of expensive drugs!
Take the quizCorrectly you eat?
What is your diet and diet? Take the test and find out what mistakes should take note.
Uses photographs Shutterstock