This diet will help you control your food cravings and, therefore, to get rid of excess weight without much agony. Losing weight fun!
Many people begin to experience an overwhelming desire to eat something sweet. But serotonin diet can mitigate such effects. And today we will tell you more about it. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, which largely depends on our mood and appetite. It is also called “hormone of happiness”. Therefore, the result of low serotonin levels in the body can become depressed (or depressed state). It’s also a reason for increased anxiety in the second half of the day.
Most people, if they set a goal to lose weight, steadfastly held by day and not allow myself to eat too much. But by evening, everything changes: daily responsibilities and fatigue are doing their job, and the man put in much effort to resist the temptation. And this is, as you’ve probably guessed, with falling levels of serotonin.
Serotonin diet: what foods you can eat?
In fact, foods rich in serotonin, or at least containing it, no. There is, however, its “predecessor”, namely tryptophan (amino acid), and it is something just in food can be found. This ensures your body enough serotonin production and, as a consequence, tranquility and good mood.
In addition to the consumption of foods rich in tryptophan, it is important that the diet was attended by vitamins C, B1, B6, И9 and B12, calcium and zinc. The fact that these nutrients contribute to the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.
Thus, it is advisable to include with your diet the following foods: whole grains, nuts, seeds, seasonal vegetables, sardines in oil, etc.
In addition, do not forget that the synthesis of serotonin aktiviziruyutsya if sufficient amount of oxygen. So any physical activity will be very useful. While sports are produced even, and endorphins (a natural relaxant), so a good mood you provided.
The following products will help to increase the production of serotonin:
- Blue fish: it contains tryptophan, zinc and fatty acids omega-3.
- Meat: preference should be given only lean meat. For example, Turkey, rabbit or chicken. They contain tryptophan and b vitamins.
- Eggs: the yolk is especially rich and tryptophan and b group vitamins.
- Dairy products: this is another source of tryptophan, and the calcium and magnesium.
- Legumes: most of the tryptophan contained in soy, lentils and beans.
- Whole grains: complex carbs also assists in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. In addition, it is a great source of b vitamins for the body.
- Nuts and seeds: pistachios and almonds, for example, provide a sufficient amount of tryptophan. In the nuts contain magnesium. And seeds (pumpkin and sunflower) provide the body else, and zinc (as pine nuts).
- Seasonal fruit is a great source of vitamins, calcium and magnesium. Pineapple and banana, in particular, contain more tryptophan.
- Seasonal vegetables: these foods provide the body with magnesium, vitamins and good carbs with the glycemic index.
Dark chocolate: in moderation, this is a good way to raise the level of tryptophan and magnesium in your body.
How to raise serotonin level naturally?
Serotonin diet can be supplemented and defined actions that will help to raise the level of this neurotransmitter in the body.
For example, abdominalne (diaphragmatic) breathing causes certain changes in the brain and promotes the production of endorphins and serotonin. In addition, it is a useful exercise in order to synchronize the rhythms of both hemispheres.
Even you can conduct a daily 15-minute intensive training. It will also increase the level of serotonin.
Fresh air and sun is another good way to increase serotonin levels. In winter, try not to wear sunglasses, eyes to absorb more natural light. Well, if the sun you will be able to take every day (albeit short).
So, serotonin diet.
And finally: try to sleep at least 8 hours a day. After all, your body just need to relax and rest. The only way the serotonin and melatonin levels can be maintained at a sufficient level.
Lack of sleep also negatively affects the production of these hormones. Well, we know the result: anxiety, stress, too good appetite, and depression.
Do not allow this, make your step to health: try serotonin diet in action!published econet.ru.