weight loss, lifestyle
Share in WhatsApp
Walking for weight loss: benefits and types of physical activity
- Walking and its health benefits
- Walking for weight loss
- The types of physical activity
- The combination of walking and strength exercises
Physical activity should be fun regardless of the purpose for which it has engaged. Some people don’t like training in the gym or aerobics, but they want to increase their level of physical activity, improve health and improve the figure. In this case, the perfect option is walking, which has a moderate strain on the body and has many useful properties.
Walking and its health benefits
Walking is a natural form of exercise, which daily receives absolutely anyone. Increasing the distance that we pass every day, you can gain a distinct benefit from this fiznagruzki in the form of improved appearance, strengthening of physical and mental health:
- normalization of blood pressure;
- reducing the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- the fine-tuning mechanism of the hormone insulin;
- strengthening the musculoskeletal system;
- improved cardiovascular system;
- bringing the muscles of the whole body in tone;
- muscle growth and retention;
- acceleration of metabolic processes;
- decrease the level of anxiety;
- getting rid of stress.
To maintain health at the proper level should be involved about 2 thousand steps, which is approximately equal to 2 km. in order to improve health and provide effective weight loss whole body, gradually seeks to overcome 10 thousand steps a day. To determine the distance traveled by using a special device — a pedometer, or downloading on your smartphone the app but it shows only approximate results.
Walking for weight loss
Walking really is a powerful tool for gaining a slim toned body and allows you to get rid of 3 to 8 kg weight loss in just one month. For such impressive results from exercise you should exercise daily and eat well and in moderation. Also necessary to follow a diet by eating small portions 4-5 times a day.
The effect of weight loss from walking would be more impressive if you stick to these simple rules:
- consistency is one of the important conditions of success, so pass them only for a really serious reason, otherwise it can go in the habit;
- each lesson should take at least an hour, but not more than an hour if the training is held daily;
- pick up for walk special sports footwear, perfect if it will be running shoes with shock-absorbing sole;
- it is best to do in the morning, when the metabolism is at its peak and the body has not had time to do a quick carbohydrates, the fat burning will be most intense;
- if classes are on a weight loss in the evening, exercise a few hours before bedtime and after at least two hours after a meal;
- the first few minutes go at a leisurely pace, then speed up, making it gradually (to prepare the body for exertion);
- the optimal walking speed is about 6 km/h — with it, you can go and safely, without shortness of breath, talk;
- last minute classes go at a slow pace, it is not necessary to stop suddenly.
Follow these tips and walk daily in a natural way for you, deriving pleasure and benefit from these exercises.
The types of physical activity
Walking is a versatile tool for weight loss as is suitable for people of different ages and weights, and also available and even recommended in virtually all health conditions.
Depending on your preferences, goals, level of employment and level of fitness, you can choose one of the following types of walk:
For fans of a healthy lifestyle, wish to follow the condition of your body, but because of some health problems may not engage in active fitness. Physical load on the body in this case is not very large, because the movement speed is approximately 8 km/h.
- On the spot.
Ideal as a preparatory stage for the basic course, walking for weight loss. To start you should move at a slow pace, then higher and higher to raise the knees, eventually reaching the point at which the hips at the top parallel to the floor. To breathe it should be deeply and evenly, breathing in through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
- Nordic walking.
The perfect exercise to maintain physical fitness and strengthen the immune system. Can deal with it only on the street, but at any time of the year, using a special walking stick with a sharp tip. Movement during a workout reminiscent of the drive on skis, while working all muscles of the body.
- Walking up the stairs.
Especially effective for those people who want to improve their stamina, strengthen cardiovascular system, to put in order thighs and buttocks. During such physical activity, it is important to breathe correctly so that, while you could without shortness of breath to pronounce any phrase. Such exercises are contraindicated in people with present or past leg injuries and knee joints.
Very similar to a brisk walk, but in this case movement speed is slightly higher and reaches 9 km/h Step must be longer, and contact the feet with the ground constant. In addition, during this walk to do a kind of rolling at the hips, that effectively affects their harmony.
The combination of walking and strength exercises
Walking and fitness exercises can be successfully combined in one workout for maximum effect weight loss. To combine load should be when a half-hour lesson will be given to you quite easily. Adherence to this scheme of training helps to provide effective weight loss:
- 20 minutes of brisk walking;
- stretching exercises of the whole body;
- walking in place with high raising of the knee;
- rotation of the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders — 10 reps
- torso twists from side to side — 30 times;
This is an exemplary program that can be changed according to your taste and depending on your goals.
Uses photographs Shutterstock