nutrition, lifestyle, editor’s choice
Share in WhatsApp
12 foods that slow down the aging
- 1. White mushrooms
- 2. Walnuts
- 3. Dark chocolate
- 4. Fish of the salmon family
- 5. Tomatoes
- 6. Avocado
- 7. Olive oil
- 8. Grapes
- 9. Eggplant
- 10. Citrus
- 11. Eggs
- 12. Garlic
Our body is a highly intelligent system that is theoretically able to survive even in the wild. But improper diet and sedentary lifestyle undermine its protective resources, while healthy food gives strength, improves the immune system and prolongs youth.
MedAboutMe talks about the twelve foods that have powerful anti-age potential.
1. White mushrooms
Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania, USA found in white mushrooms are unique compound that is not synthesized in the human body itself, but is necessary for his health and longevity. It is an amino acid rich in ergothioneine.
Compared to other foods in the white mushrooms it the number of more at least 10 times! And besides, mushrooms can enrich the body with anti-oxidant glutathione. Together they prevent DNA damage, alleviate oxidative stress and thereby slow down the aging guaranteed.
By the way!
Scientists from Singapore have come to the conclusion that older people who regularly consume mushrooms, less likely to suffer from dementia.
This delicious, incredibly nutritious product that contains a record of the amount of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Studies show that people who eat nuts on a daily basis helps to prevent the development of cancer and heart disease.
And experts peer-reviewed medical journal BMC Medicine has concluded that by entering a handful of nuts in the daily menu, you can reduce the chance of heart attack by as much as 40%!
3. Dark chocolate
Chocolate is not only delicious, but also very useful. It contains iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and flavonoids. Studies show that the product consisting of at least 70% cocoa, shows a high potential in the prevention of heart disease, can reduce the blood sugar levels and increase low blood pressure, effective against inflammatory processes.
Scientific experiments have proven that people who on a daily basis eat foods with a high content of cocoa beans, demonstrated favorable changes in brain areas associated with memory loss and aging. The recommended dose of chocolate a day is a small, and equal to only 30 g.
4. Fish of the salmon family
In the Soviet Union every Thursday was “fish day”, that from the point of view of benefits for the body are absolutely justified. Sea creatures contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which prevent inflammation in the body. One scientific theory says that inflammation is guilty of that every day of our lives inevitably bringing us closer to old age.
Besides fatty acids, many types of fish contain astaxanthin, the consumption of which on a daily basis, scientists associated with increasing the strength of muscles, improve memory and cognitive functions in General.
Tomatoes are a juicy source of antioxidants. So, they contain lycopene, which helps prevent skin damage caused by UV rays. Talking about this study published in the British Journal of Dermatology. Researchers found that women who regularly include tomatoes in your menu, the higher level of procollagen, which depends on the elasticity of the skin.
Did you know?
The researchers tested the lycopene content of 13 varieties of tomatoes. Champion of the content of this substance has become sort Classica.
Avocado can be called a reference to the storage of vitamins and antioxidants and healthy fats. Exotic fruit on 73% water, 15% fat, 2% from protein and 10% carbs. It contained agents to give a pronounced anti-age effect that has been documented in various studies.
So, Professor, University of Washington , Sinitiro Imai found in “alligatoridae pear” connection NMN (nucleotide), which prevents the accumulation of excess body mass and decrease sensitivity to insulin. Experiments in rodents have shown that it also increases metabolism and slows down the aging process. Old mice showed the same rate of metabolism, as young individuals!
7. Olive oil
This type of oil is one of the main components of the Mediterranean diet — a diet that prevents many age-related diseases and slows the aging process. The benefits of olive oil have been well studied and documented in peer-reviewed scientific journal Lipids in Health and Disease.
According to scientists, the use of this kind of vegetable fat on a daily basis reduces the risk of developing cancer, dementia and cardiovascular diseases. The optimal dose for each day to three tablespoons.
Grapes promote positive thinking and help the person to feel active and young — these unexpected findings were demonstrated by a study, published in the Journal of Consumer Research. In the fruit contains a special polyphenol compounds that slow the development of neurodegenerative diseases and improves cognitive function in adults.
Another interesting scientific work were presented by the experts at Harvard medical school. According to their findings, due to the content of resveratrol in grapes reduces the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease and slows the aging process.
The beautiful purple hue of eggplant provides antioxidant nasunin. It has a strong anti-age action, protecting DNA and cell membranes from oxidative stress and damage. Various studies show that this substance suspends the development of Alzheimer’s disease, because it reduces the number of free radicals that can damage neurons in the brain.
Most nasunin is not contained within the fruit pulp and its peel. Therefore, eggplant is recommended in its entirety.
Did you know?
According to statistics, from Alzheimer’s disease today affects about 30 million people in the world. And if in the near future scientists will not find a tool that could withstand the development of the disease, by 2050 the number will grow by 4 times!
Citrus fruits are one of the richest sources of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant, able to repel the attacks of free radicals. According to experts edition of Dermato–Endocrinology, published in July 2012, the year, products with a high content of “the tongue” can help maintain youthfulness and health of skin, delay the appearance of wrinkles.
In addition to vitamin D, which is rarely found in foods, eggs contain the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin useful for eye health. Research at Harvard medical school show that they help prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration and cataract formation.
To eat need whole eggs, not giving preference to only protein or egg yolk.
Popular Russian “”super “” contains a substance diallyldisulfide, which has powerful anti-inflammatory action. Thanks to him, the amount of free radicals in the body decreases, which consequently slows down the aging process.
British scientists surprised other interesting data. Women, whose diet is rich in vegetables kind of Bow, face less osteoarthritis of the hip. Relevant studies were published in the journal BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.
Review expertAlexander Zoirova, cosmetologist, psychologist, certified coach
Proper nutrition is one of the most important helpers for those who want to look great for many years, because foods deliver all the necessary components for building new cells, maintain metabolic processes in the body.
Let’s take a closer look at what we get by eating different foods.
1. Proteins (amino acids) — this feature is very important for the body because amino acids are built of tissues and organs of our body. Collagen and elastin are proteins that support skin beauty and elasticity of bones. They are synthesized from amino acids derived from food. It is important to remember that a protein contains not only cheese and meat, and also in fruits and vegetables. Animal and vegetable proteins consist of different amino acids (20 in total) for nutrition you need to get them all, that’s why it is not necessary to use a carbohydrate or protein diet, because you are giving a deficit of amino acids and, therefore, of protein just will not be synthesized because of the lack of “building material”.
Do not abuse a large amount of protein per day rather than 1 g of protein per 1 kg of your weight.
2. Fats are responsible for heat, metabolism, and the presence of the hydro-lipid mantle on the skin surface, in other words, contribute to hydration. “Good” cholesterol (HDL, very high density) component is included in the composition of the secretion secreted by the sebaceous glands of the skin. This secret creates on the skin surface protective film and prevents moisture loss.
It is scientifically proven that vegetarians dry skin occurs in 25% of cases more often, so in order for the skin to remain hydrated, we need the fats that can be divided into animal and vegetable. For example, in avocado contains a lot of fat.
Among fats not all useful! Do not think that eating cake with a greasy cream, you will help beauty and Wellness, on the contrary will cause harm. So the “bad” cholesterol (lipoprotein very low density) deposited on the walls of blood vessels, forming cholesterol plaques.
The daily requirement of fat is 1 gram per kilogram of body weight.
3. Carbohydrates give energy to the muscles. They “burn” without a trace, with adequate physical exercise or put in reserve, increasing the volume of the body. Carbohydrates are fast — even instantly broken down in the mouth (taste sweet on the tongue) and giving “power” flash. To fast carbohydrates are pastries, potatoes. These carbohydrates rather harm than good, because it causes a sharp jump in the level of glucose in the blood.
But slow carbohydrates (cereals, vegetables with a low starch content) provide a stable source of energy that supports our performance up to 6 hours. Forming menus for the week, should give preference to the slow carbohydrates.
The daily requirement of carbohydrates is 4 grams per 1 kg of body weight.
4. Essential amino acids — they are not produced in the body, and come from food. Take an active part in metabolic processes and have a big impact on the beauty of the skin. Due to the lack of these components violates the synthesis of proteins, including collagen and elastin — the main components of the skin. A large number of essential amino acids contained in beans, nuts, seafood.
Essential amino acids 8 and the daily requirement for each of its own.
5. Minerals. Foods contain minerals that are essential for homeostasis (the constancy of the internal environment of the body). Their concentration has an influence on the movement of the liquid in the cell, conducting nerve impulses, the intensity of the sebaceous glands, pigment formation and so on. Different foods contain different minerals, that is why it is important to choose the right foods.
A mineral deficiency may include brittle nails, loss of hair (increase the amount of phosphorus), sleep disturbance (a signal of a lack of chrome), chills, thirst (you need sodium), irritability, fatigue (not enough potassium), blackheads on the face (need zinc).
Interesting: eating 10 weeks in a row the tomato paste, you can significantly reduce the adverse effects of solar radiation on the skin and to reduce the possibility of burns.
6. Vitamins. We know that vitamins C, A, E, PP, K, is the “beauty vitamin”. Having them in the menu provides the synthesis of collagen, hyaluronic acid, ensure the normal work of skin cells, reduces inflammation, irritation, and this is not a complete list. Vitamins have a big impact on metabolic processes, that’s why it is important in autumn-winter period to take a multivitamin and follow the menus.
Moreover, I tell you a secret that for every skin type you can pick up your food, which will help to preserve the beauty and youthfulness of the skin.
Review expertElena Cullen, an expert in the psychology of weight loss, psychologist, consultant for nutritional support and healthy lifestyle
“Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are”. This saying can be applied to the food we eat.
The effects of nutrition on human health is difficult to overestimate. Depending on what kind of food the person takes, how he eats and in what quantity, depends on its appearance and internal organs.
What food is good for the body, what should not eat?
1. Food should be natural. Now a lot of products do not meet quality indicators, grown using different technologies, and the content of nutrients less than usual. When choosing products, pay attention to the content of vitamins A, b group, vitamin D, such macroelements as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and compliance with product quality standards. Choose the cooking method that best preserves the utility of products.
2. Balanced diet. Food in sufficient quantity must be present proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is important, depending on the age, correct diet and to enrich it with useful nutrients, minerals and vitamins to maintain the body. Enrich diet with fiber — it will help the gut to be healthy. Choose foods rich in vitamins and minerals such as fruits, vegetables, seafood — this will help to improve skin condition and provide the necessary resources to all the organs.
Fatty acids and amino acids contained in vegetable oils, e.g., linseed, camelina, fish, meat, wheat germ, will help the body to maintain skin, hair, tissue, and will improve metabolic processes.
3. The amount of food consumed. With age metabolic processes in the body slow down, and excess food is stored in body fat that adversely affects health. To ensure that excess food is not caught in the body, you need to follow intuitive eating. Food to hunger and its satiation allows the body to take exactly as much energy food as he needs, and get a healthy, lean body.
4. Water. Drinking regime is very important for the body. Enough water, on average 1.5-2 liters a day, will help to maintain water balance, eliminate toxins, enhance metabolism, helps the skin to remain smooth and elastic.
5. Alcohol. The amount of alcohol reduce to a minimum. It dehydrates the body and slows the metabolism, contributes to the accumulation of toxins, affects the outer skin. Alcohol adversely affects the immune system, liver, brain, kidney, gastrointestinal tract and reproductive system.
Eat nutritious food, listen to the body, choose foods that are most helpful for him, stick to food for hunger, drink more water and be beautiful and healthy.
Expert commentaryEmilia Viktorovna tsybikova, PhD in medical Sciences, the doctor of Tibetan medicine clinic in Moscow
From the point of view of Tibetan medicine, beauty is a sign of health. Each person is different, so its beauty is unique. There are no General standards for all beauty.
Someone is leanness, mobility, and someone- the fullness and sluggishness. For each person there is only one, his own ideal of beauty and health that meets his personality. In Tibetan medicine it is called constitutional type.
Women, by nature, full-bodied, rounded forms, do not need to lose weight. Lean by nature do not need to gain weight. Lining weight, body proportions as impossible as to level off in growth.
Another thing is the health of the skin, which serves as an indicator of the internal balance of the body. If the skin that something is wrong, therefore, violated the internal balance of the body, and it is determined by the dominance of a particular “dosha”, in other words in the Constitution.
For each constitutional type, and their nine — three major and six mixed — there are clear rules of nutrition, the observance of which maintains an internal balance.
To determine your constitutional type by using tests, but it gives only a General idea. It is best if diagnostics will hold a doctor of Oriental medicine. To do this he uses not only an external inspection or body mass index, but also a pulse diagnosis.
Basic constitutional types, Mucus, Wind and Bile. Mixed types — this Bile, Bile Mucus -, Mucus, Mucus-Bile and Bile-Mucus.
1. If you have an average weight, stocky build, reddish or yellowish skin, if you sweat heavily, you often hot, and you can’t handle the hot and stuffy rooms, strong smells, then most likely you belong to the constitutional type Bile.
You motivated, possess leadership, team-working, strong-willed qualities, you have a well-developed intellect and memory, but you are irritable, short-tempered, often aggressively tuned? The more you think about the type of Bile or mixed types Bile-Wind, Bile-Mucus.
To maintain the beauty and health you need a warm, cool food with a predominance of boiled, steam or stew vegetables — potatoes, cabbage, zucchini, carrots, beets, pumpkin. Good neutral products — beef, veal, rabbit meat. Fish will not hurt, but choose low-fat, better river, white.
Avoid any canned foods, salty, spicy and smoked food, fried foods, especially fatty deep-fried. Utility any low-fat dairy products, especially milk young cheese, kefir, yogurt, sour cream with reduced fat content. Alcoholic beverages are contraindicated for you. It is better to choose beer or dry red wine.
2. If you are thin, mobile, sensitive and troubled, for you are typical mood swings, insomnia, heightened emotionality, your constitutional type — Wind. To maintain the beauty and health, you need oily, hot, sweet foods with a predominance of warming products.
The products sweet taste of Tibetan medicine classifies neutral, vegetables, meat, eggs. All these products have to eat hot. No raw vegetables, cold cuts or salads from the refrigerator, rough, dry food, random perekusyvay! Only in this case, nutrition will strengthen your health and beauty, and not destroy them.
Of the products the most useful fatty fish, ghee, meat, chicken, duck, goose, Turkey, and eggs. Of the most useful vegetables — pumpkin, eggplant, carrots, and onions.
Potatoes are best consumed in steamed or baked, fried, with melted butter, hot pepper and garlic. You must include in the daily diet spices — cloves, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon. These herbs also increase energy and vitality, which is very important for your cold Constitution.
3. If you tend to be overweight, don’t try to fight it and hold it in a harmonious limits. This will have a beneficial impact on your skin and outer beauty. If you are calm, unflappable, friendly, but somewhat prone to laziness, often sabate, then most likely you belong to the type Mucus. To maintain the health and beauty you require a light, dry and warming food.
Lean on nuts, seeds, lean fish, lamb, chicken, Turkey. Food should be light, non-greasy and hot.
Raw vegetables, greens, undercooked, overcooked or long-term stored food in the fridge for you contraindicated! Do not heat the food. Eat only fresh products and freshly cooked hot food. Anything cold, oily, heavy! In this case, you save the beauty and health.
Eliminate any chilled drink. Undesirable beer, the best dry red wine or strong drink (in moderation).
If you are preparing vegetables, it is best to put out or bake with the addition of red hot or black pepper, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves. These and other spices (except saffron and Bay leaf) have a warming effect, stimulates digestion and metabolism, which is very important in your Constitution.
Julianna Pliskin, life coach, expert on healthy lifestyle and nutrition, psychologist, TV presenter
The secret of preserving youth and beauty closely associated with a healthy diet. It is important not only to control the caloric content of their food and right to adjust the schedule of its acceptance, but also to choose the right foods for your diet.
For example, tomatoes contain many antioxidants that slow down aging of the skin.
Antioxidants are involved in detoxification processes of the body. They are rich in pigment lycopene, which protects the cardiovascular and nervous system. And tomatoes are a great anti-depressant.
However, it is important to think not only about the benefits of certain products, but also about the quality, naturalness and seasonality. Tomato is a seasonal product, despite the abundance and diversity of varieties of tomatoes on supermarket shelves at any time of the year. Most valuable to the health and safety in terms of toxicity, soil and ripened in the summer season, the tomatoes in the nearest areas.
Be sure to include in your diet Flaxseed oil.
Flax seeds — a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. They are rich in potassium, magnesium, zinc, lecithin, are necessary for beauty, health, longevity and proper functioning of the immune and reproductive system.
Very useful for the female body seafood. Their customers I recommend at least twice a week to eat a meal of salmon, Steelhead or salmon. Fish of the salmon family help the body to increase the production of the hormone estrogen, the amount of which is significantly reduced after 30 years. Fish oil contains linoleic and arachidonic acids have a positive impact on cellular health of the skin, hair and nervous system.
Victor Mukhanov, head of Department of traumatology and orthopedics, Federal scientific clinical center of FMBA of Russia, doctor of sports medicine, the doctor the traumatologist-orthopedist
Regular exercise and proper nutrition will help you maintain health and beauty for years to come. You must enter into the habit every day or every other day to perform simple restorative exercises. Thanks to them, not only the body acquires the desired look, but also strengthens all muscle groups of the body, increasing overall endurance, resistance to diseases, improves heart and lungs.
Very important to select exercises and determine the workload based on the characteristics of each person. To do this, it is recommended to consult a specialist. It is believed that gymnastics, walking and swimming, when done correctly, suitable for all people.
Any exercise performed incorrectly can harm the body. The most traumatic are the leg press, which are damaged knees and spine, as well as squats with the extra weight in the Smith machine and Gakk-car. Moreover, the banal-UPS from a prone position, if improperly performed, can cause pain in the lower back. Therefore, before proceeding to perform any of the exercises, thoroughly learn the techniques of its implementation.
Should not overly burden yourself with physical exercise, it can significantly harm the body. With fatigue people said some pretty strong pain in the muscles, tachycardia, sleep disturbance. If you constantly work wear — the body will quickly depleted, leading to malfunction of the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract. The most dangerous consequence of frequent overwork is heart failure, which can cause premature death.
To preserve the beauty and health is not only important to exercise regularly, it is also necessary to regulate the diet and give up bad habits. Food should be varied, rich in protein and all essential macro – and micronutrients. It’s necessary to eat a fractional, 5-6 times a day. Try to include in the diet of more vegetables and fruits.
Remember that proper nutrition is the Foundation for the preservation of health and beauty, and sports activities — additional steps to enhance health and maintain body in shape.
Take the quizCorrectly you eat?
What is your diet and diet? Take the test and find out what mistakes should take note.
Uses photographs Shutterstock