Share in WhatsApp
What are the benefits of chickpeas and how to apply it in the diet
- Useful properties of chickpeas as a food product
- Who can use the chickpeas in the food, and who doesn’t
- Recipes from chickpeas and nuances of cooking
Chickpeas, often called the Turkish or garbanzo peas. Since its appearance on the Russian market, this product gained popularity. Not surprisingly, because of the tasty beans can be cooked a variety of dishes. Chickpeas include food for cooking soups and side dishes, salads and desserts, snacks and even drinks. In its grains there is present about 80 valuable for human health substances. Nutritive value overseas beans can compete with the meat and bread!
Useful properties of chickpeas as a food product
A legume called chickpea spread in Asia, America, Australia, Africa. For many people, its fruits are a symbol of Oriental cuisine. In the Middle East and Asia, the birthplace of the ancient culture, the beans are called Golden grain. Food product, similar in appearance to walnut, attracts gourmets buttery texture, almost imperceptible nutty flavor. When cooked it becomes sweet to the taste.
Chickpea is a storehouse of nutrients. Garbanzo beans are rich in amino acids, b vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. In its composition a lot of carbohydrates and vegetable protein — 20 g per 100 g in some species of the gram amount of protein can reach 30 g Protein in beans is well absorbed, so the chickpeas are often added to your diet vegetarians. The degree of absorption of a substance similar to egg white. And these beans is a valuable source of fiber.
Gift of nature has many useful properties:
- Improves digestion, can be used to prevent constipation.
- Reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Beneficially influences bones, teeth, hair and nails.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps prevent the appearance of cancer.
- Leads to normal activity of the nervous system.
- Improves visual acuity, helps prevent the appearance of glaucoma, cataracts.
- Helps to get rid of a number of dermatological diseases.
- Improves brain activity and helps to preserve the mental, physical activity.
Who can use the chickpeas in the food, and who doesn’t
Despite all the positive properties of chickpeas, use it diet caution. Like other food products, belonging to the representatives of the legumes, chickpea can cause increased gas formation. Especially careful you need to include it in the nutrition of elderly people and children.
Be aware that chickpea has a high calorie content. For raw beans is about 360 kcal per 100 g, and cooked — 127 kcal per 100 g. Therefore, to include chickpeas in food for weight loss in large quantities is not recommended, and use it in the evening because of the carbohydrate content. High-calorie product is not the best choice for the menu of people suffering from obesity.
Chickpeas are not suitable for nutrition of people with celiac disease legumes. Therefore, those who are not familiar with the grains of this plant, to enter into the diet product with caution. Contraindications are diseases of the bladder, kidneys, since the beans have an irritating effect. You can’t eat garbanzo beans, patients with gout, inflammation of the intestinal mucosa, stomach, thrombophlebitis.
Who can and should eat chickpeas? Rich in protein, fiber, essential amino acids and other valuable components of the product is perfect for power athletes, vegetarians, adherents of a healthy lifestyle. With hearty beans, you can add variety to the diet to enrich the body with nutrients in the absence of contraindications.
Garbanzo beans will become an indispensable tool in the prevention of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, anemia, diabetes, and reduction of hemoglobin. It contains substances beneficial to the body in a bad mood, during the depression and beyond. Especially nutritious and healthy germinated seeds of chickpea. Cysteine and methionine, two essential amino acids, are present only in seedlings of beans.
Recipes from chickpeas and nuances of cooking
Cooking chickpeas uncomfortable fact that grain you need to pre-soak in water for a few hours. But soaking makes the beans tasty and at the same time helps to avoid increased gas formation after eating dishes from the overseas product. To avoid the feeling of heaviness in the stomach, flatulence, it is advisable to leave the chickpeas in cold water for 8-12 hours. And some recipes suggest soaking dry beans for a day, and liquids must be dissolved salt together with sugar and soda.
To prevent bloating, gas production chickpea is also necessary to properly prepare. Namely, to pick him a food that improves digestion, the absorption of beans. They will give the dish a unique taste and improve digestion. We are talking about herbs and spices — curry, rosemary, ginger, turmeric, etc. In order to avoid stomach issues is to abandon the use of chickpeas with cold water.
As already mentioned, a particular advantage of chickpeas is its versatility. On the basis of the chickpeas was created a variety of recipes so everyone can cook it to taste. Beans added to soups and vegetable burgers, sauces, and make casseroles, cereals, pates and many other dishes. In particular, the “Golden grain” restaurant, the hummus and falafel. Grain is used just in a dry or roasted form as a snack.
Housewives can use the following recipes for cooking of chickpea:
- Roasted honey chickpeas. 2 cups cooked chickpeas to dry on a towel. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. On the laid parchment baking sheet to lay out beans in a single layer, leave for 30 minutes to bake, occasionally stirring them. Mix 1.5 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl, add a little salt and cinnamon to taste. The finished product is watered with a mixture of honey and oil, to send the cookie sheet for another 5 minutes in the oven. Cool and serve.
- Salad with feta cheese. Cut in half 200g of cherry tomatoes cut into half rings head red onion, cucumber and feta cheese – cubes. Put all the ingredients 300 g cooked chickpeas in a bowl. Prepare the filling using your favorite recipes. For example, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Fill the dish, sprinkle with herbs.
- Chickpeas with spices. Dry with a cloth or towel 300 grams of cooked chickpeas. In the tank mix 0.5 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper and a teaspoon of paprika. In a heated pan pour a little olive oil, spread the chickpeas and fry it until it gets dark. Spread beans on paper towel to remove excess oil, sprinkle them with paprika and pepper, salt to taste, mix thoroughly. You can add in the dish some more lime zest.
Take the quizCorrectly you eat?
What is your diet and diet? Take the test and find out what mistakes should take note.
Uses photographs Shutterstock